Acrylic stone (solid surface) is a mixture of natural stone elements and acrylic resin.
About 2 parts of this solid, homogeneous and non-porous material is composed of crushed to dust natural stone pieces and bauxite (aluminium ore composed of aluminium hydroxides, iron oxides, and silicon oxides), and 1 part of acrylic resin (PMMA).
The unique properties of acrylic stone are higly valued by professionals. Designers and architects like the endless range of its colours and patterns; stone workers prefer it because of easy manufacturing and ability to flex when exposed to very high temperature (thermoforming). This material can be used to create non-standard stone products of various designs and shapes, and is intended for use in private and public areas, both indoors and outdoors.
Acrylic stone properties
1. Long life
3. Resistant to stains
4. Hard to put on fire
5. Resistant to heat up to 80 °C
6. Resistant to wear
7. Resistant to UV rays
8. Solid (finished product forms one piece)
10. Seams are invisible (final product looks like one piece)
11. Easy to clean, to maintain, and to repair
15. Lends to thermoforming
16. Translucent (some colours)
17. Relatively warm, pleasant touch
18. No sealing required
What is acrylic stone used for?
• Kitchen worktops
• Bathroom vanities and bath tubs
• Shower trays, walls and capsules
• Interior and exterior wall cladding
• Furniture facades and doors
• Swimming pools
• Spas and wet rooms
• Reception desks
• Bar tables
• Restaurants interior
• Food zones
• Medical zones